Dr. Christopher R. Hove - A Name You Can Trust
Facial Plastic Surgery Philadelphia
As a patient of Philadelphia facial plastic surgery specialist Dr. Christopher R. Hove and his staff, you can expect an advanced level of care through every stage of treatment.
Christopher R. Hove, M.D.
Dr. Hove is a fully licensed, board-certified facial plastic surgeon with a professional background that places him at the top of his field. Although originally from California, Dr. Hove grew up in southeast Pennsylvania, graduating from Conestoga High School as a member of the National Honor Society, with the distinction of School-Wide Scholar. His artistic talents drew his interest to the field of plastic surgery at an early age, and he knew in junior high school that was where he was headed. During his undergraduate education, he achieved standing on the Dean's List of Cornell University, graduating with a degree in chemistry. He then attended Temple University Medical School in Philadelphia, accumulating multiple clinical and academic honors, ultimately placing him in the top of his class with selection to Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society.
He underwent rigorous internship and residency training in otolaryngology-head & neck surgery at Albany Medical Center Hospital, gaining extensive hands-on experience focused solely on the critically intricate anatomy of the face, head & neck. His research efforts gained several awards, leading to publications, culminating in the AMA's distinguished Charles F. Ferguson Clinical research award for his work in pediatric facial trauma.
After completing his chief residency, he was selected as one of only 38 physicians nationwide to undergo additional subspecialty training in facial plastic and reconstructive surgery. Stanford University selected him for this intense training, and to serve as their clinical instructor to their resident physicians. During this tenure, Dr. Hove gained further surgical expertise and skills directly handed down from international leaders in the field located on the west coast- Los Angeles, Beverly Hills, San Francisco, and Sacramento. He founded a successful surgical practice in southern California that is still in operation today, but relocated back to Philadelphia's western Main Line to be closer to family.
Experience and Education
Bringing You University-Caliber Treatment in a Private Setting
- Board Certified: Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
- Board Certified: Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery
- Fellow of Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, Stanford University Hospital, Palo Alto, CA
- Member of the American Academy of Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, American College of Surgeons, California Society of Facial Plastic Surgery
- Diplomate, American Board of Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
- Diplomate, American Board of Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery
- Subspecialty Training: Stanford University (Palo Alto, CA)- Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
- Chief Residency: Albany Medical Center Hospital (Albany, NY)- Otolaryngology, Head/Neck Surgery
- Internship/Residency: Albany Medical Center Hospital (Albany, NY)- Otolaryngology, Head/Neck Surgery
- Medical School: Temple University School of Medicine (Philadelphia, PA)- M.D.
- Undergraduate: Cornell University (Ithaca, NY), B.A. Chemistry
Facial Trauma and Reconstruction Services
Being a Community Steward
For your Paoli facial trauma emergencies, Dr. Hove insists that you request a board certified facial plastic surgeon. Philadelphia facial plastic surgery specialist Dr. Hove provides facial trauma on-call services for Pennsylvania's Delaware Valley through the Main Line Health System at Paoli Memorial Hospital, Chester County's only Level II trauma center. This includes facial fractures (nasal, cheekbone, jaw fractures) as well as "soft-tissue" injuries- lacerations/cuts, and abrasions to the delicate facial anatomy. His prior extensive trauma experience brings you exceptional skill: on the west coast, Dr Hove served as primary facial trauma surgeon for the Southwest Healthcare System in Temecula/Murrieta, CA, and he was a clinical instructor in facial trauma management for the resident physicians at Stanford University Hospital.
A Local Authority in Facial Plastic Surgery
Regarding facial reconstruction after skin cancer removal, Dr Hove's plastic surgery skills are so recognized that well-known Chester County and Philadelphia teaching hospitals refer their difficult reconstructive cases to him for repair.
Proven Artistic Talent for Better Aesthetic Results
Dr. Hove, a facial plastic surgery specialist serving Paoli, Chester County, and the greater Philadelphia area, continues to develop his original talent for drawing and painting that led him into the field. He is one of very few surgeons who actually have published artwork in medical texts and journals. He finds this skill extremely valuable when planning and visualizing a difficult reconstructive surgery, or envisioning the three dimensional outcome of a cosmetic surgery procedure. He feels this talent is his greatest gift, setting him apart him from other surgeons in the field. A sample resource list of his published artwork:
- Cover Art: Sclafani AP; Fedok FG: Facial Plastic Surgery, February 2005; 21 (1)
- Comprehensive Facial Rejuvenation: A Practical and Systematic Guide to Surgical Management of the Aging Face, Edwin F. Williams, III, M.D., Samuel M. Lam, M.D., Lippincott, Williams and Wilkins, Philadelphia, PA (ISBN: 0-7817-5093-8). 2004.
- Mittelman H, Hove CR: Lower Lid Blepharoplasty With Fat Repositioning. Presented at the 17th Annual Symposium on the Latest Advances in Cosmetic Surgery of the Face, Newport Beach, CA. August 6-10, 2003.
- Williams, EF: Dermabrasion, Laser Resurfacing, Chemical Peel: Which Approach for Which Patient. Presented at the Fifteenth Annual Symposium on the Latest Advances in Cosmetic Surgery of the Face, Newport Beach, CA. August 8-12, 2001.
- Williams EF: Management of Port Wine Malformations. Presented at the Eighth Annual Faculty Winter Symposium on Latest Advances in Facial Plastic Surgery, Snowmass, CO. March 8, 2001.
- Sie KCY, Muntz HR, Senders CW: Cleft Lip and Palate Issues for Otolaryngologists. Miniseminar presented at AAO-HNSF 2000 Annual Meeting & Oto Expo, Washington DC. September 24-27, 2000.
- Cover Art: Tardy ME, Fedok FG, editors: Facial Plastic Surgery, November 2001; 17(4)
- Perkins JA: Pediatric Velopharyngeal Incompetence. Presented at Updates in Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery Winter Meeting, Stratton Mountain, VT. March 3-4, 2000.
- Williams EF: Rhinoplasty in the Crooked Nose. Presented at the Sixth Annual Faculty Winter Symposium on Latest Advances in Facial Plastic Surgery, February 22-26, 1999.
- Williams EF, Hove CR, Lam SM, et al. Midfacial Rejuvenation Via a Minimal-Incision Brow-lift Approach: Critical Evaluation of a 5-Year Experience. Arch Facial Plast Surg, Nov 2003; 5: 470 - 478.
- Vargas H, Hove CR, Dupree M, Williams EF; The Treatment of Facial Verrucae With the Pulse Dye Laser. The Laryngoscope 2002;112(9):1573-6.
- Williams EF, Hove CR: Lip Reconstruction. In Papel, Nachlas, Sykes, et al., editors: Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (2d ed.), New York, Thieme. 2002.
- Williams EF, Hove CR, Hochman M. The Treatment of Vascular Malformations: Port-wine Stains. Facial Plast Surg Clin North Am. 2001;9:609-619.
- Rodgers BJ, Williams EF, Hove CR: W-plasty and Geometric Broken Line Closure. In Tardy ME, Fedok FG, editors: Facial Plastic Surgery, November 2001; 17(4): 239-44.
- Hove CR, Williams EF, Rodgers BJ: Z-plasty: A Concise Review. In Tardy ME, Fedok FG, editors: Facial Plastic Surgery, November 2001; 17(4): 289-94.
- Hove CR, Koltai PJ, et al.: Age Related Changes in the Pattern of Midfacial Fractures in Children: A Chronographic Analysis. Journal of Craniomaxillofacial Trauma 2001;7(1):5-9.