Wrinkles and Sagging Skin? Let’s Turn Back the Clock!
Melani “Mel” McGuire, CRNP, (Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner) Hove Center
Among the important lessons I’ve learned from our amazing patients and my mentor and #TopDoc facial plastic surgeon Dr. Christopher Hove is that wrinkles and sagging skin are part of the aging process. While each line and crevice is a proud mark of years of hard-earned life experience, few people herald their arrival.
“Time may be a great healer, but it's a lousy beautician.”
– Dorothy Parker
But wait – here’s the good news! Though you can’t control aging itself, you can control how you look. I’m not talking about using plenty of moisturizer and sunscreen, eating a healthy diet or not smoking (although these are all smart practices for anyone). I’m talking about the variety of treatment options I love that can really help reverse those wrinkles or tighten that sag:Face it – everyone’s skin naturally becomes less elastic and more fragile over time. Contributing factors to skin changes include sun exposure, environment, diet and of course, genetics. It also doesn’t help that we produce fewer natural oils as we age, making our skin drier and highlighting the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
• Dermaplaning – this exfoliation method helps new skin rise to the surface, softening fine lines and wrinkles and creating a more youthful complexion with zero downtime!
• Botox® – our most popular method of smoothing out laugh and frown lines and the dreaded “11s” between your eyes.
• Fillers – help fill sunken areas like those marionette lines around your mouth or other facial wrinkles for a smoother appearance. I am especially excited about the new RHA fillers, designed specifically for the correction of moderate to severe dynamic facial wrinkles and folds, such as nasolabial folds, in adults 22 or older. The results have been remarkable.
• Peels – light, medium or aggressive chemical peels help reduce or improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles to help aging skin look younger.
• Kybella – a non-surgical injectable that dissolves unwanted fat below the chin.
We can’t stop the clock, but we can help you turn back time on your appearance with a refreshed, rejuvenated and natural look.
I am excited to meet you - call our office and schedule a consult with me now at 610-647-3727.