Leaders in Facial Plastic Surgery
Dr. Christopher R. Hove
A Name You Can Trust
As a patient of Paoli facial plastic surgery specialist Dr. Christopher R. Hove and his staff, you can expect an advanced level of care through every stage of treatment.
Get to know Dr. Christopher R. Hove, M.D.
A highly trained facial plastic surgeon whose work is equal parts skill and artistry, Dr. Christopher Hove understands that every patient comes to him with a unique set of needs and expectations. This is what pushes him to achieve the beautiful balance between art and science in cosmetic surgery. The Hove Center for Facial Plastic Surgery was founded by Dr. Christopher Hove who recognized the need for exceptional services in facial plastic surgery in the Main Line of Pennsylvania. He is double board certified- in facial plastic surgery and also in head/neck surgery. Originally a native of the Main Line, Dr. Hove founded and developed a facial plastic surgery practice in Southern California, then relocated it to Paoli, bringing with him 16 years of surgical experience and techniques in facial rejuvenation found on the west coast.
Dr. Hove feels so strongly about providing exceptional care in the face, that he dedicates his skills solely to the most visible representation of you: your face. He does not offer breast implants, abdominoplasty (tummy tucks), or body liposuction because he feels the face is such a specialized area of anatomy that it deserves undivided focus. He considers the facelift, rhinoplasty (“nosejob”), and eyelid lifts his specialty. Additionally, Dr. Hove offers extensive experience in non-invasive treatments to smooth wrinkles with products such as Botox and Dysport, and help fill lost volume with the popular fillers Restylane, Juvederm, and Radiesse. In fact, Dr. Hove is one of the first select few facial plastic surgeons in the country to use Juvederm- he participated in its clinical research trials before it was publicly available.
Dr. Hove's personal attention will make you feel comfortable, confident, and fully informed throughout your procedure. More than just a skilled surgeon (one of only an elite few board certified facial plastic surgeons on Paoli's Main Line), Dr. Hove appreciates the value of honesty and integrity. In fact, he has made those ideals the foundation of his practice philosophy.
Dr. Hove is a fully licensed, board-certified facial plastic surgeon with a professional background that places him at the top of his field. Although originally from California, Dr. Hove grew up in southeast Pennsylvania, graduating from Conestoga High School as a member of the National Honor Society, with the distinction of School-Wide Scholar. His artistic talents drew his interest to the field of plastic surgery at an early age, and he knew in junior high school that was where he was headed. During his undergraduate education, he achieved standing on the Dean's List of Cornell University, graduating with a degree in chemistry. He then attended Temple University Medical School in Philadelphia, accumulating multiple clinical and academic honors, ultimately placing him in the top of his class with selection to Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society.
He underwent rigorous internship and residency training in otolaryngology-head & neck surgery at Albany Medical Center Hospital, gaining extensive hands-on experience focused solely on the critically intricate anatomy of the face, head & neck. His research efforts gained several awards, leading to publications, culminating in the AMA's distinguished Charles F. Ferguson Clinical research award for his work in pediatric facial trauma.
After completing his chief residency, he was selected as one of only 38 physicians nationwide to undergo additional subspecialty training in facial plastic and reconstructive surgery. Stanford University selected him for this intense training, and to serve as their clinical instructor to their resident physicians. During this tenure, Dr. Hove gained further surgical expertise and skills directly handed down from international leaders in the field located on the west coast- Los Angeles, Beverly Hills, San Francisco, and Sacramento. He founded a successful surgical practice in southern California that is still in operation today, but relocated back to Paoli's western Main Line to be closer to family.
Experience and Education
- Board Certified: Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
- Board Certified: Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery
- Fellow of Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, Stanford University Hospital, Palo Alto, CA
- Member of the American Academy of Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, American College of Surgeons, California Society of Facial Plastic Surgery
- Diplomate, American Board of Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
- Diplomate, American Board of Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery
- Subspecialty Training: Stanford University (Palo Alto, CA)- Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
- Chief Residency: Albany Medical Center Hospital (Albany, NY)- Otolaryngology, Head/Neck Surgery
- Internship/Residency: Albany Medical Center Hospital (Albany, NY)- Otolaryngology, Head/Neck Surgery
- Medical School: Temple University School of Medicine (Philadelphia, PA)- M.D.
- Undergraduate: Cornell University (Ithaca, NY), B.A. Chemistry
Facial Trauma and Reconstruction Services
Being a Community Steward
For your facial trauma emergencies, Dr. Hove insists that you request a board certified facial plastic surgeon. Paoli facial plastic surgery specialist Dr. Hove provides facial trauma on-call services for Pennsylvania's Delaware Valley through the Main Line Health System at Paoli Memorial Hospital, Chester County's only Level II trauma center. This includes facial fractures (nasal, cheekbone, jaw fractures) as well as "soft-tissue" injuries- lacerations/cuts, and abrasions to the delicate facial anatomy. His prior extensive trauma experience brings you exceptional skill: on the west coast, Dr Hove served as primary facial trauma surgeon for the Southwest Healthcare System in Temecula/Murrieta, CA, and he was a clinical instructor in facial trauma management for the resident physicians at Stanford University Hospital.
A Local Authority in Facial Plastic Surgery
Regarding facial reconstruction after skin cancer removal, Dr Hove's plastic surgery skills are so recognized that well-known Chester County and Paoli teaching hospitals refer their difficult reconstructive cases to him for repair.
Surgeon and Artist
Proven Artistic Talent for Better Aesthetic Results
Dr. Hove, a facial plastic surgery specialist serving Paoli, Chester County, and the greater Paoli area, continues to develop his original talent for drawing and painting that led him into the field. He is one of very few surgeons who actually have published artwork in medical texts and journals. He finds this skill extremely valuable when planning and visualizing a difficult reconstructive surgery, or envisioning the three dimensional outcome of a cosmetic surgery procedure. He feels this talent is his greatest gift, setting him apart him from other surgeons in the field. A sample resource list of his published artwork:
- Cover Art: Sclafani AP; Fedok FG: Facial Plastic Surgery, February 2005; 21 (1)
- Comprehensive Facial Rejuvenation: A Practical and Systematic Guide to Surgical Management of the Aging Face, Edwin F. Williams, III, M.D., Samuel M. Lam, M.D., Lippincott, Williams and Wilkins, Paoli, PA (ISBN: 0-7817-5093-8). 2004.
- Mittelman H, Hove CR: Lower Lid Blepharoplasty With Fat Repositioning. Presented at the 17th Annual Symposium on the Latest Advances in Cosmetic Surgery of the Face, Newport Beach, CA. August 6-10, 2003.
- Williams, EF: Dermabrasion, Laser Resurfacing, Chemical Peel: Which Approach for Which Patient. Presented at the Fifteenth Annual Symposium on the Latest Advances in Cosmetic Surgery of the Face, Newport Beach, CA. August 8-12, 2001.
- Williams EF: Management of Port Wine Malformations. Presented at the Eighth Annual Faculty Winter Symposium on Latest Advances in Facial Plastic Surgery, Snowmass, CO. March 8, 2001.
- Sie KCY, Muntz HR, Senders CW: Cleft Lip and Palate Issues for Otolaryngologists. Miniseminar presented at AAO-HNSF 2000 Annual Meeting & Oto Expo, Washington DC. September 24-27, 2000.
- Cover Art: Tardy ME, Fedok FG, editors: Facial Plastic Surgery, November 2001; 17(4)
- Perkins JA: Pediatric Velopharyngeal Incompetence. Presented at Updates in Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery Winter Meeting, Stratton Mountain, VT. March 3-4, 2000.
- Williams EF: Rhinoplasty in the Crooked Nose. Presented at the Sixth Annual Faculty Winter Symposium on Latest Advances in Facial Plastic Surgery, February 22-26, 1999.
- Williams EF, Hove CR, Lam SM, et al. Midfacial Rejuvenation Via a Minimal-Incision Brow-lift Approach: Critical Evaluation of a 5-Year Experience. Arch Facial Plast Surg, Nov 2003; 5: 470 - 478.
- Vargas H, Hove CR, Dupree M, Williams EF; The Treatment of Facial Verrucae With the Pulse Dye Laser. The Laryngoscope 2002;112(9):1573-6.
- Williams EF, Hove CR: Lip Reconstruction. In Papel, Nachlas, Sykes, et al., editors: Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (2d ed.), New York, Thieme. 2002.
- Williams EF, Hove CR, Hochman M. The Treatment of Vascular Malformations: Port-wine Stains. Facial Plast Surg Clin North Am. 2001;9:609-619.
- Rodgers BJ, Williams EF, Hove CR: W-plasty and Geometric Broken Line Closure. In Tardy ME, Fedok FG, editors: Facial Plastic Surgery, November 2001; 17(4): 239-44.
- Hove CR, Williams EF, Rodgers BJ: Z-plasty: A Concise Review. In Tardy ME, Fedok FG, editors: Facial Plastic Surgery, November 2001; 17(4): 289-94.
- Hove CR, Koltai PJ, et al.: Age Related Changes in the Pattern of Midfacial Fractures in Children: A Chronographic Analysis. Journal of Craniomaxillofacial Trauma 2001;7(1):5-9.